The inspiration for this episode came when I was speaking with a couple of friends about the news and how I can’t handle watching the news, because it makes me so anxious and sad. I said something to the effect of sitting in Fear Soup, because literally my brain (and yours!) emits a host of chemicals that signal fear. And as we continue to think the fear thoughts, the brain sends out more fear chemicals. Voila! Fear Soup.
So, today I am going to be talking about how to handle the anxiety part of Fear Soup (the other part is depression). I talk about several tips on handling both acute and chronic anxiety.
Here is what is covered:
- What is Fear Soup?
- How do I create Fear Soup?
- How do I deal with Fear Soup (aka anxiety)?
- 7 tips on dealing with acute and chronic anxiety.
Resources in this episode:
- National Suicide Hotline 1-800-273-8255
- National Crisis Text Line: Text CONNECT to 741741
- New Meditation: Accessing Intuition
- Podcast Episode: Trust You
- Podcast Episode: Why Meditation Is Important for your Fertility
- FREE Fertility Meditation Kit (with two meditations to get started)
- Highly Sensitive Person
- Jill Bolte Taylor
- Sarah Holland – Emotional Freedom Technique Expert
- Emotional Freedom Technique
- To share your thoughts and/or ask questions: